Thursday 17 April 2014

Week Full Of Lovin'

The past week has been spent up in London interviewing for my final assignment at Uni and working. Ultimately, this has meant that my blog has been falling behind which I hate. To catch up with it all is a new week full of lovin' post, the other week I met up with my lovely friend Lucie to go shopping and I picked up a few little beauty goodies. She is definitely a bad influence!


Mac Mineralised Skin Finish in Soft and Gentle

First of all is a product that i'm sure all of you beauty bloggers have both heard and tested for yourselves. I have been dying to get a highlighter for ages and have been debating between a powder form or liquid. However once stepping into Mac, as normal I am easily influenced by not only the lady who worked there (she obviously did her job properly) and my friend Luce who told me it looked good. For those of you who don't know a lot about this product, it's a highlighter to be used mostly on the top of your cheek bones and up to the side of your temples. It creates a lovely shine which isn't always obvious face on but when the light catches your face you can definitely see it. Don't get me wrong, it's no Edward Cullen look when he steps into the light but subtle and makes you look like your glowing (the good kind).


Soap and Glory Kick Ass Concealer
 I am one who suffers badly from dark circles under my eyes and every single product I have tried so far hasn't made them look any better. I have heard a lot about this product from a variation of people so thought for the price tag of £10 I thought it was worth a try. Unfortunately, I haven't been that impressed. Despite using an eye cream, this like many other products I've tried just clog up and make the dark circles look worse. I'm going to keep trying this for a few more weeks and see if I like it anymore but if anyone has any recommendations for this problem, PLEASE let me know!



Mac Eyeshadow in Charcol
 As an avid Tanya Burr fan, she talks about this product a lot not only for an eyeshadow but to actually fill in eyebrows. I am quite lucky and have pretty good eyebrows but they still need a slight filling in. This product does it perfectly and paired with a good angled brush (as shown later on in this post) it can fill in any gaps your eyebrows have. This colour was perfect for me since I have quite dark eyebrows so if you have similar you may find this is the colour for you.


Fucidin Cream (prescription cream)
Although this is a bit of a random one to put in my week full of lovin', I must explain my reasoning. I've been quite stressed recently and have started to get extremely dry patches all across my chin. It literally looks like I have dried food all over me which is majorly embarrassing. I have tried normal moisturiser and it hasn't budged it so after speaking to my Grandma, it turns out she gets this too and it's a kind of syrisis (I don't know if that's the correct spelling). This cream I used to use when I was younger for dry skin around my nose and it has been the only thing that has cured it. I would show you a picture of my skin before but it would scar you for life.




Eco Tools 
When I bought the Mac eyeshadow she asked me if I wanted an angled brush. Although I said 'no it's ok thank you I have one already', I have to admit it was a fib. I didn't have a lot of money anyway and didn't want to spend nearly £20 on a brush so thought I would get a cheap one from Boots for the time being. Unfortunately, the only angled brush they had in was in this double ended set from Eco Tools. I didn't have much choice so had to purchase it. I have been pleasantly surprised as not only do I have the brush I need, I basically got 3 others for the price of £10.





SHARE:

1 comment

  1. I'm definitely not a bad influence ;) and the Mac mineralised skin finish does look lovely :) xx

    ReplyDelete

© Just Georgia. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig