Wednesday 14 January 2015

'New Year New Me' ... yeah we'll see


Happy New Year and welcome to 2015! I can't believe another year has passed and I am leaving behind some wonderful memories from 2014. I thought I would start this blogpost off with a some of my favourite memories and highlights of last year, bringing me in to my aims and goals for 2015. I really hate the 'new year, new me' saying as to be honest that never happens. I do however believe that if you want to change something, a new year is a very good excuse to try. 

2014 was a pretty incredible year for me, I have to say probably my favourite and most successful year in my life so far. Here's a little some up of my highlights and accomplishments of last year;
  • I came into 2014 with my amazing boyfriend and some lovely friends
  • I finally got my dream little car Daisy - my cream Mini Cooper
  • Spent months working on my dissertation which was an extremely hard point of 2014 - however the outcome made it all worth it
  • In May I finally came to the end of my 3 year Journalism Degree 
  • The dreaded results day. I spent many nights and days feeling physically sick worrying about this. After the worst morning of my life waiting for that email, I got the results I had been counting on. A 2:1 overall for my degree (an upper class honors) and a 1st for my dissertation!!! We spent the day jumping, crying and celebrating with a lovely meal in the evening.
  • August saw my 21st Birthday and I had the most amazing day (well, week by the time I dragged it out) with all my family and friends
  • Septemember I spent 10 days in Cape Verde with Mike, which was the most luxurious 10 days ever and was much needed after the Uni stress in previous months. Plus whilst there we spent our 3 year anniversary! 
  • October meant GRADUATION! The one day I had been looking forward to most. I dressed up in my Harry Potter like gown - which was such a plus for me- and we graduated in Winchester Cathedral which was absolutely stunning. I spent the day celebrating with my closest Uni friends; Shona, Faith and Emma and in the evening I went for a meal with Mike and my family to celebrate. It was such a special day and one I will cherish for a long time
  • The lead up to Christmas is my favourite time of year, wrapping up in Winter clothes, hot chocolates, Christmas shopping, wrapping presents and Michael Buble playing 24/7. 
  • I then saw 2015 in with my boyfriend and close friends

What a year 2014 was. A lot of ups and downs, trials and tribulations but looking back it really was the best year of my life so far. Now, on to my aims, goals and plans for 2015. I'd love to look back this time next year and see whether all these things actually happen. We'll see!

Aims/Goals
  • Get a lot fitter - start eating healthier and doing more exercise
  • Start my dream job and love every (well nearly every) second of it
  • Spend a lot more time with my family
  • Travel more and make plans to look forward to
  • Drink ALOT more water (yes, I am sure this is part of everyones list)
  • Have a more positive outlook on life, there is always someone in a worse position than you. Be thankful for what you have. 
  • Try to make myself happy before anyone else
  • Look like Kendall Jenner? - I don't think I'll be ticking this one off anytime soon
Plans for 2015
  • Go back to Harry Potter Warner Bros Studio Tour (my favourite place)
  • Have a weekend trip to London and be a complete tourist
  • Majorca 2015!
  • Book Paris for 2015/2016 New Years with my boyfriend and friends
  • Continue this blog as much as possible
  • Take loads of photo's! - You can never have too many
  • Start making photo albums and printing those photo's off
  • ENJOY EVERY DAY

Well that's about it from me. I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas, New Years and 2014 in general. Bring on 2015 and enjoy every moment!



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Just Georgia. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig