Friday 8 January 2016

Hello 2016

I am starting this blog post much like my last few blog posts; feeling very guilty. Again, it has been over half a year since I last blogged and the shame is building up inside me. I hear you asking why. Well, blogging is something I am actually very passionate about and I spend most of my spare time reading blogs and watching bloggers and it has always been something I have wanted to get into. However it's one of those things that has always been pushed to the back of my list and I start to feel as if it's a job, another task on my list, rather than something I actually love to do.

With it now being a whole new year, it is *covers eyes in shame for saying this again* something I am going to aim to continue during 2016. I am not one who massively believes in new year resolutions, the reason being is that I believe if you want to do something badly enough, you'll do it at any point in the year not just because it's a new year. Yet I do think it's a great excuse to start something you've been wanting to do, so ignore me being a post Christmas scrooge!

So ... what's happened since April when I last posted? Well, I started an exciting new chapter in my life with my first full time career job which is as a Social Media Manager for a local company. I have now been there for over 7 months and have worked with some massive brands and gained so much experience and also met some friends I really believe will be for life! Due to being so busy at work, this blog and many of my hobbies have fallen into the background and this is something I want to change during 2016, along with a lot of other things.

It wouldn't be a 2016 new year post without me talking about my goals/plans for this year. As said previously, I am not big on the 'resolutions' thing so I am going to stick to things I want to focus on during this brand new year. Here we go ...




1. Continue this blog regularly and begin to once again find some comfort in it
2. Start yoga! During the second half of this year I really started to get into fitness - which has taken a whole 22 years to happen - and I loved it! However I began to get too busy and found it hard to find time (an excuse). With my personality, I need to have down time which is why this year I am going to get into yoga! I will fill you in on my journey!
3. Start excising more regularly alongside yoga.
4. Get into making clean meals
5. Learn how to switch off. I am someone who overthinks every single aspect of life and this year one of my main aims is to learn how to stop doing this. It's not healthy and it's something I want to stop during this year.

Since this blog post is my first in many months, I think it's important, before I start my 2016 goals, to discuss and celebrate what I achieved in 2015;
- I started my first full time job which heads me into the career direction I want to be in
- Exercise was introduced to me and for the first time, I loved it!
- I went on 3 amazing holidays - Majorca, Amsterdam and Disneyland Paris
- My IBS was finally sorted out by a fantastic Homeopath and I am now feeling better than I have done in years.
- I overcame a very down point in my life and things finally began to pick up.


I think this blog post is long enough now, you can tell I have missed blogging! What new years resolutions do you have this year and what do you have planned? I'd love to know!



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Just Georgia. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig