Monday 7 July 2014

Good News

A little disclaimer before I start this post as I don't want to seem like I am bragging in any way. This news is simply something I am proud of myself for and I think it's an important time of my life to talk about.

Many of you know I have spent the past 3 years at university studying journalism. After weeks and weeks of sleepless nights, ulcers and overall worrying I received my final grades on Monday. Although I can't talk in detail about my dissertation as the subject is about sensitive law material, I was ecstatic to find out I achieved a first. This was a very large achievement for me, like many who take pride in their dissertation (for those who don't know what this is, it's a final 10,000 word essay at the end of your degree), I spent a lot of time and effort into this piece of work and my final grade proved hard work really does pay off. So, not only did I achieve a first in my dissertation but in October I will be graduating with a 2:1 in BA HONS Journalism! *squeals and jumps up and down*

For the rest of my day after receiving my results I sat there for hours on end kind of letting the news sink in. To many people, it may seem a bit silly. I did enjoy university, however at times I doubted myself much more than I should have. My final grades just proved that I really can do anything I set my mind to, and that really is an important lesson to learn. I received multiple texts, phone calls and messages throughout the day from family and friends congratulating me with my Grandma ringing anyone she could think of to brag to!

I spent the evening at dinner with my family and boyfriend celebrating and making the most of a very important day.

My beautiful congratulations flowers from my boyfriend!


All my lovely cards from my family

Finally as the evening came to a close and I was looking forward to finally having a good non-worrying sleep, I found a little present left on the living room table from my Mum and Dad ...


If only there was a picture to show my excitement when I opened this beauty! Not only because of my blogging, but also the career I am going into, it was quite important I had a decent camera. My iPhone is ok, but not idea when you need some better focus and lighting. It's safe to say I have the most amazing parents, family, friends and boyfriend.

A little addition; I am so proud and happy for my Uni friends on my course Shona, Faith and Emma who will also be graduating with a 2:1 in journalism. Also my best friend Laura who will be graduating with a first!

I hope you all will be receiving the results you want!



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Just Georgia. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig